My Blogger's Code: Update

Friday, October 18, 2013

Here's my updated version of my Blogger's Code:


My old blogger's code was really old.


BLOGGING DURATION

How long have you had an online journal or blog? Don't blog? Then hit the road buddy. Bloggers only.

Over 3 years


DOMAINS

All websites require an internet domain. Where does your domain kung-fu land on the scale?

I own 1 domain and keep my blog and any other content I produce on the same site.


TECHNICAL PROFICIENCY

The web is built on the backs of the geeks who run it. Are you one of the technical elite?

I maintain and manage my blog with my own home-grown content management system.


LINKSLUTTING

Page ranking has made it a spammers wet dream and a Technorati Cosmos watcher's best friend.

I have quite a few links, and I try to check in on them all regularly, or at least periodically.


STATS

Are you the Nielsen Family of the blog world? Do you reload your counters so much 99% of your visits are yourself?

I check my stats occasionally, mostly to discover new blogs that are linking to mine.


POSTING FREQUENCY

How many times a day do you post?

I'm lucky if I manage to post 2 or 3 new entries a week.


IMMEDIACY

Are you usually one of the first to link to the new thing that everyone will be writing about? Are you capable of blogging from just about anywhere at anytime?

The blog isn't the first thing I think of, but I usually remember to blog the interesting things... eventually.


ORIGINALITY

Does your blog or journal concentrate on your personal experiences? Do you scour the web for new and interesting links? Are you happy just adding your comments to the dialogue?

I blog some original material with the occasional web link with accompanying personal commentary about the link.


SEX

Ah, yes ... what would a survey be without a sex question? As shocking as it may seem, some bloggers have been known to exchange bodily fluids with one another. What category do you belong to?

Are you kidding? The last thing I need is to get sexually involved with one of these neurotic pinheads.


EXHIBITIONISM

With the proliferation of digital cameras, you no longer need be concerned about the clerk at the photo lab seeing your naughty bits. But hell, you'll put on them on your blog. Right?

I have posted at least a photo of my face.


LEMMING

Do you feel left out if you don't participate in the latest meme or web survey to make the rounds? How compelled are you to follow the pack and do what everyone else is doing?

I've taken a few surveys or participated in a few memes, but there seem to be so many of them I have to pick and choose.


CLOSET

Can anyone type your name into Google and find your blog? Would you just die (or be fired) if your boss read your blog? Does you mom leave comments on your site?

Nearly all of my offline friends, family members, and co-workers know about my blog, and that's fine.


SYNDICATION

The syndication wars have been raging since the dawn of the blog. Have you taken a side? Are you Switzerland? Do you even care in the slightest?

RSS

TROLLS

The Internet, much like real life, has it's share of pond-scum. Have you been terrorized by these reptilian life forms?

I am one!


SURVEY WHORING

Online surveys are all the rage in the blogosphere. You can't blogsurf for more than a few sites without running into them. Where are you in the survey whore spectrum?

I am 0% whore


SPAM

Comment spam is bringing a lot of bloggers to the brink of homocide. How do you handle this attack on humanity from Satan himself?

I moderate all my comments.


ME

Who are you?

I am a Blogger, fear my wrath!


NOTORIETY

A couple years ago we may have called this "microcelebrity," but simply put, it's being known amongst other bloggers for one reason or another: You wrote an amazing essay or post, you created a meme, you said something (or continually say things) to piss off the right people, you pulled off a grand prank, you started a cult of personality, you were nobody until you somehow ended up in a Wired/New York Times/CNN/etc. news story... Whatever it was, you somehow became a known entity. Or maybe you aren't and you like it that way.

I'm well adored/hated within a certain subsection of bloggers, known amongst a broader subset, or I'm "that blogger" from a couple years back.

0 comments

Latest on Beyond Eternal

Latest on Pixel TCG

Latest on TPP

Please Donate!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *