Concept

Thursday, October 07, 2010

I'm starting to not like the Gosiengfiao sisters. I'm not entirely a fan nor a hater, in fact, I like them. But sometimes, they really get on my nerves – just from simple things that they're starting to act like the Ore-sama type. Although I do agree to the fact that they have the right to act such, it's still get on my nerves. There have been a lot of cases and I just wanted to point out a particular one for now this post from more than a month back, from Ashley, where she's hinting that the the billboard of JAG Mini Denim Short's ad was copied from them, pointing to Alodia's gamer shoot thing image from earlier this year.


For one, there have been times, surely, that this particular concept was printed on magazines; there have been tons of times that this particular pose was requested of the model on a photo shoot; and there have been tons of times that a photographer thought of this concept might just work out and fit the image of a certain product. In short, this particular setup DOES NOT solely belong to one model/group alone, much more, to an unnamed one at that. Coincidence like this happen a lot.

While I'm on this point, I do agree that the sisters are popular. It's not just a bit popular, but internationally popular, in fact. BUT this popularity, however, is only limited to people in a certain subculture and scene -- cosplay, anime, manga, gaming and related. It's not like she's someone secondary to Gisele Bündchen type of a super model, right? Just saying.

And of course, this started a conflict and their fans were enraged and felt as if they were actually cheated from it. But I give them this benefit for their ignorance of whatever that lies outside the box of their own personal world -- the common world where you only see things you wanted to see and leave the rest of the world to rot away.

Sometimes, it makes me think that people do these things just to make noise, spark interest to others and such. Publicity, after all, no matter if it's good or bad, is still publicity.

3 comments

  1. Ah, I forgot. I might get fan rage here too. My blog might get shut down by DOM scripts run by raging fans.

    ReplyDelete

Latest on Beyond Eternal

Latest on Pixel TCG

Latest on TPP

Please Donate!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *