Antique Calculator

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Antique Calculator


calculator2


This is an old mechanical calculator. And it's still in working condition. I tested it myself and it still added the numbers I inputed. Although, it's actually hard to use since you need to push this and that just to add. It was actually owned by my deseased grandfather. And I'm not sure what year exactly was it when he had this one, probably some 1950's or something. By the way, it's actually prety heavy. It took me all that I had to lift that for about, uhm, a few seconds. ^^;

8 comments

  1. It is old. But look how cool and stylish it is! I would of like one of those for my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul Australian,
    I love antiques too. We used to have a lot of those until our house was stolen from us. The only ones that were left are those that seem to have no use for the ones who stole our house. Such as this one, and my bronze church bell.

    It sad that greedy people doesn't know the real value of these precious things. Because the only thing in their minds are if they would be useful for them, or if they would give them money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very interesting. How does its speed and ease of use compare to that of an abacus?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Nippon Calculator" )) He-he... Looks heavy and reliable ;))
    It is not all those gadgets, that are manufactured in China. I think you can gain very good profit by selling this antique, If you don`t want to leave it, actually!
    See you!
    With respect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. joyfulchicken,
    Well, in actually computes mechanically. You just have to enter the numbers manually like pulling small levers. Then, when you rotate the lever on the right side, it computes (add and subtract only I think) what you inputed.

    Wisp,
    It is heavy. I am fond of antiques. I wont sell them. And it's not mine. :3

    Najo,
    No idea. I'll keep it until I get old. And it'll be a hundred years by that time. :3

    ReplyDelete

Latest on Beyond Eternal

Latest on Pixel TCG

Latest on TPP

Please Donate!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *