Creative

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I have a friend who says he likes Nirvana's songs, yet he doesn't understand what the lyrics are all about. According to my understanding, he seem to find Kurt Cobain's lyrics "odd" and "confusing" one way or the other. But surprisingly, for some odd reason, I understand them. I couldn't explain what exactly, but at the back of my mind, though I can't put them in right words, I kind of understand the songs even though the lyrics are repetitive. There's that thought that I might have a disturbed mind, like him too, or better yet, in my language,
"creative."

2 comments

  1. Hmm ... Even though I've never really listened to any of Nirvana's song, much less become familiar with any of the lyrics, I know what you mean! I always seem to connect with the strangest of lyricage, haha.

    In my opinion, Green Day has the most amazing lyrics out of every band I listen to ... I love their work so much! ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like Nirvana songs, but not as much as real fans. Most probably because I didn't grew up with it. Most of its fans are around the same age group, when they were in high school, grunge music is really popular and they grew up with Kurt Cobain too -- around the same age, same problems, same feelings, same passion, etc. so they appreciate Nirvana more than anyone else. It's the same as that fact that you have to experience something first hand, before you know exactly how it feels. Yet, despite the short-lived limelight Kurt Cobain had, he left with awesome music for the future generation to appreciate.

    ReplyDelete

Latest on Beyond Eternal

Latest on Pixel TCG

Latest on TPP

Please Donate!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *