What Happens When the Dark Enters the Light?

Friday, May 14, 2004

Chette Posted:

EURI - Eto tanong ko lang... What happens when a Light enters the dark? What's the answer? And.. after you answer that, Answer this one too... Now.. What happens when the dark enters the Light?


My reply:

Before answering, why the question? I really didn't get these question right so there would be possibilities that my answers would be quite... unrelated...?? The first question was What happens when a Light enters dark? If you would take it in literal meaning, my answer would be, the light will still shine in the dark. Assuming that a small matched lighted in a cold dark room, that match would provide a little light and warmth in that cold, dark room. But the darkness might swallow that tiny bit of light afterwards. And the second question was, What happens when the dark enters the Light? Taking into literal meaning as well, if the dark would enter the light, the darkness would fade. Did I answer the question? If I did, would you answer my question too? Assuming that the light is a person's hope of faith and the dark is the other way around, and a person is in the middle of the way to light and dark. Then, that person chose the darkness, and totally lost that light, is there any possibility that that light would shine again?

This was also taken from her blog:

Answer: "What are the most common problems why these Christian leaves Jesus?"
1. Other Christians set a bad example and feeling not welcome
2. Selfish desires. "I lead my own life and I won't depend on God"
3. Really hard to live a life with God. (persecutions... etc...)

Yes, I agree, somehow, these are some of the reasons people usually have. But to me, it is something more to it than meets the eye. I didn't left Christianity because of these reasons. Even if you aren't a Christian, life is still hard - not just hard, but harder. If you're a Christian, you still have someone to cling on to when you have problems, you could just kneel down and pray to lessen the pains a bit and pretend that someone out there is watching you. But if you have no god, it is harder because whenever you fall, you have to pick yourself up all alone and people wont be there the comfort you because you're weird. I left not because I wanted to lead my own life. I left because there are times when you have to wake up and just stop pretending.

1 comments

  1. nice comment te' euri.. I agree with u, I think I should make a blog entitled w/ this.. coming fr. u :p

    ReplyDelete

Latest on Beyond Eternal

Latest on Pixel TCG

Latest on TPP

Please Donate!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *