Desktop

Thursday, October 11, 2007

So I got tagged of a Desktop Meme by Talamasca. Since I am at work, as of this moment, I'll show you my desktop.

Desktop Meme
(Please click the image to view the actual size)



Do I have to explain why? Oh, this is so troublesome. >_<

Anyway, as you can see, my desktop, as my workmates coined it as "freaking weird," might be a little disturbing for some of you. Okay, okay. It's definitely disturbing. Still, I love it just like that. What do I love about this desktop? Well, firstly, I love the fact that that thing looks very human (Glitch and I had an argument if it's a human or a doll) and the fact that it's chained and bleeding all over is a plus too. But the thing I love most about it is that it seems that she doesn't even feel the pain. It trills me to to see it every single day. And frankly, it even went so far that it became the only thing I'm anticipating for when I go to work. Then again, since I'm in a new environment (due to my transfer to PD), my interest is as fresh as a new formatted PC.

Now, let me tour you around my desktop.

Firstly, I would like to point out that I have a Quick Lunch. It's a necessity for me to have that. Also, my OS is Windows Vista. I kinda like Vista's interface. The only thing is, I can't install just whatever stuff I want. I mean, there are softwares that I couldn't install because their "incompatible." Heck, whatever.
From the top left are three icons namely, Shortcuts, Recycle Bin and G-Talk Received Files. The Shorcuts is a folder that contained all the software desktop shortcuts. I hate them being cluttered all over my desktop so they are all moved there. Then comes the Recycle Bin. You all know what it is so I'm skipping the explanation of what it is. The Recycle Bin is a must in my desktop just as a Quick Lunch is necessary. I can't stand a PC without a bin. Also, if you noticed, it's empty. Simply because it's kinda automatic to me to empty it whenever I see that it contains something. And then, there's the G-Talk Received Files. I put that there because I often receive stuff from Gtalk more than any other IMs.

Lets move on the bottom left. Everything that is work related, are there. The vhost shorcut links to the folder that contains my local version of our site (the SVN and stuff). Auction.ph Store shortcut links to the Store project we're currently working on but went on hold. :lol:

And lastly, the bottom right part which contains The Dump and the Euri shortcuts. The Dump is a shortcut to my file dump. It's called as such because it's where I dump all my unsorted files. Then the Euri shortcut link directly to my personal folder.

I guess that about everything. Well, how do you like my desktop? It's pretty lame, I know. X-P

Oh, I almost forgot. I'm tagging whoever wanted to take the meme. I'm too lazy to think who I wanted to tag.

14 comments

  1. I want Mozilla Firefox here in my office pc. But I can't. :sigh: oh, the powers of an administrator. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rawr! Fierce! :grin:

    I'm seriously considering replacing my OS to Vista, but I kinda fear the repercussions. Maybe next time, when they've already come up with a more stable version and stuff.

    Beaucoup thanks for responding. Kbyenow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure is this disturbing for me. :eek:

    P.S. How do you upload via your Dashboard?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, just wanted to let you know my site got deleted so I'll be down for awhile. When I get a new site up and running I'll let you know. And I'll still be visiting yours :) By the way, your desktop looks awesome. I love that image. Very dark.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Call me morbid, but I think the bloody girl featured on the wallpaper cute. So lovely! *giggles*

    I won't be replacing Windows XP with the Vista version for now since it's not yet stable. I might not open some old files, as well. I like the new Windows OS's interface, though. Very sleek.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. How do you upload via your Dashboard?

    Dashboard > Write

    Under it, there's an Upload.

    Title
    [ text box ]

    Post
    (Visual) (Code) <-- tabs
    [ message box ]

    Tags
    [ text box ]

    (Upload) (Browse All)
    File [ text box ]
    Title [ text box ]
    Description [ message box ]

    Make sure that your wp-content > upload (FTP) is writable. If not, CHMOD it to 666. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I think I haven't done that CHMOD thingy yet. But I'm already familiar with it when I used CuteNews last time. :grin:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hiya Euri, it's me again. X-P I'm sorry for being so makulit but can I ask something again? How can I use smilies?

    ReplyDelete
  9. nicked this, euri! btw, i like ur desktop wallpaper. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH GOD I LOVE YOUR DESKTOP!!!! Where did you get t?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya Euri, it's me again. X-P I'm sorry for being so makulit but can I ask something again? How can I use smilies?

    Dashboard > Options > Writing

    You'll see:

    Size of the post box: [ 9 ] lines

    Formatting: [x] Convert emoticons like :-) and :-P to graphics on display

    Default post category: Uncategorized
    .
    .
    .

    --

    OH GOD I LOVE YOUR DESKTOP!!!! Where did you get t?

    Sis,
    I got it from Boyis. <a href="http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8658/girlc59ji3.jpg"" rel="nofollow">Here's a copy if it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool wallpaper, kabayan! Awesome! First time I've seen such a design!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice desktop. Clean and cool. At home I use the default wallpaper. (I got lazy after reformatting the HD) but at the office I use a Joey Jordison picture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice image. I use windows standard because cant find my incons when i use fancy desktop images.

    ReplyDelete

Latest on Beyond Eternal

Latest on Pixel TCG

Latest on TPP

Please Donate!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *