Kiss From A Rose

Sunday, March 18, 2007

There was a person who lost someone he loves and is grieving upon that person's death. He felt alone. Even though he tried hard to live each they, inside he remained empty. He can't find any interest in living anymore. Living each day was like living a life where his soul is already buried in the grave. This, until he met that certain person who pulled him from that void he's in. His life started to have meaning and she was always there. They shared both their happiness and pains together and he's always thankful for her. Now that he realized he's in love with her, it felt like his dead self was brought to life.

Baby, I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grave.
The more I get of you the stranger it feels, yeah.
Now that your rose's in bloom
A light hits the gloom on the grave.

Kiss From a Rose. It was sung by Seal. It has been more than decade since I last heard that song. From the moment I first heard it, I kinda felt something like that above. And even if a decade had pass, I still felt the same. That's what my own interpretation of the song, but in the end, who knows what the song really meant.

For some reason that I myself can't explain, I somehow feel sad. At the same time, something tells me that instead of feeling sad, I should just feel glad. But, even still, I can't help feeling sad. Of course, I also do not know why I feel this way. It's a pretty complex feeling for someone with a simple mind, such as myself. Whatever it is, I guess it'll just pass.

7 comments

  1. Oh, I've always loved that song. Actually, when I hear that song, I think of my best friend who died in a car crash so many years ago because of a drunken driver. That was one of the saddest days in my life... and at the time, I didn't think I'd ever feel better again, but I did.

    Your sadness will pass. Someone wise once told me that attitude, not circumstances... is often the best predictor for happiness. Talk to someone - it usually helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "kiss from a rose" is my all time favorite love song. It's kinda gay but oh well. :grin:

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my ultimate all-time favorites, and I have its play count as a proof. I got addicted to Batman Forever (Val Kilmer, Nicole Kidman, Tommy Lee Jones, Jim Carrey) because of the song. I even bought a goddamn book of the movie! Haha!

    Sadness. It happens. And it passes. You can only wonder when.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kiss from a rose d ko pa tlg narinig yan o something pero n2wa ako sa quotation nya hehe kht medyo may pagka deep hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. i remember that song, i always loved it, it's seriously a beautiful song despite the fact that it does kinda sound sad (imo anyway lol)
    hope you feel better though, sadness is only a passing moment in comparison to happiness :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like a noob .. I've never even heard of that song, or the band.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Val Kilmer is quite older now but he still got that great acting talent,:;

    ReplyDelete

Latest on Beyond Eternal

Latest on Pixel TCG

Latest on TPP

Please Donate!

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *